Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Food + Foto Week 2: Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese

I’m not too happy with this week’s photo - I let my hunger and impatience get the best of me.  But here it is.



After running around getting supplies, I was SO hungry. I quickly made myself some tomato soup and grilled cheese - perfect for a nippy fall afternoon.  I make my tomato soup in the microwave with a can of Campbell’s, ½ a soup can of milk, topped with dashes of hot sauce, sprinkles of basil and freshly cracked black pepper.  MmMmm MmMm good.

About the shot - blech. My shallow depth of field made my grilled cheese distracting...will keep that in mind next time.  I accidentally wound up with that beautiful swirl of hot sauce, but don't feel my picture did it justice. Styling food and getting a mouth watering picture is not easy.  Especially when you’re hungry. And don’t want to eat cold soup or grilled cheese.  Unfortunately, what you (want to) see is not always what you get out of the camera. L

For dinner, I tried capturing my spaghetti and meatballs, but what I envisioned in my mind was not coming across in my shots.  So, pooey again.  Better luck next time L

0 comments: