Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, February 25, 2011

Beefy Nachos "Recipe"

I feel like I’d be lying if I called this a “recipe” because it’s quite simple and non-revolutionary. But I’m giving you ingredients and instructions, so I guess it still qualifies. As a kid, my mom would slap some American cheese slices onto tortilla chips, stick it in the microwave for 30 seconds and we’d have a quick afternoon snack. Here’s my version all dressed up.  I usually make these nachos the day after taco night, when we have just a small bowl of beef leftover.

Ingredients:
1lb of ground beef
1 packet of taco seasoning
Cheese (American, cheddar, Monterey, pepper jack, Colby, whatevs)
Tortilla chips

Optional:
Lettuce - shredded
Tomatoes - diced
Onion - diced
Sour cream – dollop

Instructions
Cook beef per taco seasoning packet instructions. Arrange chips on plate. Top with beef and cheese. Microwave for 30 seconds. Add optional toppings. Perfect for an afternoon snack/lunch!

linked up at
linkparty

0 comments: