Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fall Barn Wedding

This past weekend, we attended our last wedding of the year. With warm temperatures and abundant sunshine, Kyle and Christina couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful day for their outdoor ceremony at the Byron Colby Barn in Grays Lake. A close friend officiated the wedding which set a casual and ever so meaningful tone to the ceremony. The couple vowed to walk hand in hand, side by side and heart to heart with one another ♥

How freaking adorable are the flower girls in cream colored ruffle dresses and fabric flower headbands atop their loose curls?! And the ring bearer in those suspenders! Oh my cuteness...

I love a refreshing drink outside. While taking in the warm evening sun and colorful fall foliage? Yes please!

Christina is artsy fartsy like me, so when I received their invitation, I knew right away that there’d be lots of DIY details to feast my eyes upon…which means lots of pictures for you J Invitations really do set the tone for an event.

A chalkboard seating chart and menu for the buffet style BBQ dinner (yum!) greeted guests.
Assorted pies for dessert? Lovely! 

 Mason jar flower arrangements, burlap runners and pumpkin table numbers for a fall tablescape...  

I love the new trend of fingerprint “guest books.” Great for baby showers too! 

The bar was located in the silo (how cool!) and Strongbow was on the drink list. Ahhh, brings me back to my drunken summer travels in Europe. The bouquets and caramel apples for favors even had burlap!

As you can tell, every. little. thing. from the burlap wrapped monograms to her gorgeous lace dress with a cutout back and her soft floral hair piece went together so beautifully.  Scattered votive candles and strung lights cast a warm glow in the barn to further create a romantic, cozy fall wedding.

Christina you did an amazing job (all by yourself!) with all the details. I know you’re glad it’s over, but it really did pay off J Congrats you two!

3 comments:

Christine Trevino said...

So fun! I love fall weddings! Gorgeous pics!

Michaela said...

I adore her dress and that menu! So creative.

Barn Wedding said...

Lovely pics, Congratulations to the newly weds and best wishes for both of you !