Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

MCA Chicago - Tuesday on the Terrace

Since we're on the topic of things to do around Water Tower...last night my girlfriends and I spent the warm summer evening enjoying wine and live music at the Museum of Contemporary Art. I've actually never been to the MCA before, so I was excited to check it out.
Dang, my dad was always right about my scrunchy nosed mousy smile.

Tuesday on the Terrace at the MCA is a free event that takes place every Tuesday (5:30-8pm) through September 25.  Jazz musicians perform outdoors while city goers mingle over drinks and food. It's similar to Jazzin' at the Shedd (which I also recommend!) on Wednesday nights, but isn't free.
We don't get out much. So when we do, we like to dress up J

We opted for burgers at a high boy table. Get in line early to buy food and drink tickets, which are sold separately.

You can bring a blanket to comfortably sit in the garden. But no outside food or drink is allowed.

Or you can reserve a table for the $24 per person dinner buffet. If you're anything like me, you always check out the menu before going out to eat, which is available (and sounds delish) here.

How did I get this aerial shot you ask?? Well, afterwards (security will promptly hustle you out at 8pm), we headed up to a friend's friend's place to have some more drinks atop an amazing Penthouse rooftop with breathtaking views of Chicago's iconic skyline.

*sigh* Not a bad way to spend a random Tuesday evening if you ask me! You should check it out! There are still plenty of summer nights to be enjoyed, which will be gone all too quickly. I think I'll bring Doug next time for a "date" night. And perhaps actually check out the museum instead of booze the night away, whoops!


linked up here: 
Live, Love, Travel

8 comments:

PandaBelle said...

I am living vicariously through you and your Chicago Summer pictures! :)

Christine @ grateful for a coffee break said...

Mindy those Chicago skyline pictures are absolutely breathtaking!

Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago said...

We're so glad you were able to join us for the first time and enjoyed yourself. We hope to see you again, outside or in the galleries!

-The Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago

Joyce said...

What amazing pictures. The evening looks fantastic

Lili said...

that's fun!

btw, you won our bracelet giveaway! contact me! thanks for joining!

Jill Wellington said...

Looks like fun! Your night photos are just gorgeous!

Jaymi said...

these are awesome city shots! Looks like a blast!

Rowen said...

I love the pictures of the skyline!